tumblr stuff


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Best Eggs Benedict

Best Eggs Benedict


I tend to like my breakfasts savory rather than sweet. Maybe it’s the Asian DNA, but eating a syrup drenched pancake for my first meal just doesn’t have the same appeal as an omelette. It’s also worth noting that I like my eggs runny, prefer good ham, and that nothing puts a smile on my face faster than the floral aroma of Meyer Lemons. Now that you know all of that, it’s probably no surprise that Eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast food.


When prepared properly it’s like eating a small piece of heaven with every bite. The creamy sauce and rich egg are offset by the bright lemon and green herbs. The crusty english muffin offers crunchy and chewy textures while providing a mop to sop up the sauce. The ham brings the salt to the party with a lingering umami that dances around your tongue with the tangy Hollandaise sauce. Before you know it, you’re staring down at an empty white plate with a few golden streaks of yolk punctuated by a scattering of crumbs.



Read more »




All text and photos © 2013 [ No Recipes ] |






via [ No Recipes ] http://norecipes.com/blog/eggs-benedict-recipe/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NoRecipes+%28%5B+No+Recipes+%5D%29

No comments: